Listed below are some tips to help you keep your feet happy and healthy this summer:
- Apply a hydrating cream/moisturiser to your feet daily – this will prevent dry cracked skin.
- Wear thongs around public pools and showers – to avoid getting nasty infections like Tinea or Warts.
- Get a safe pedicure – Medical Pedicure at Podiatry HQ perform the ultimate pedicures in luxury and indulgence, with your treatment conducted by a Podiatrist in a safe and sterile environment. For more information on Medical Pedicure click here for the website.
- Rethink walking around barefoot – it’s quite easy to contract viruses like Warts, Fungal Infections like Tinea and you can easily step on a foreign body like glass or splinters. With the heat, surfaces can get very hot especially concrete, this can be very painful to walk on and harmful to your skin.
- Proper footwear – avoid the pain of blisters by wearing inappropriate and/or ill-fitting footwear. With summer there tends to be lots more sweating and rubbing in footwear. This can cause painful blisters that can be prevented by wearing cotton socks and proper footwear.
If you wishing to get some advice on your feet, footwear or any foot related issues. Don’t hesitate to visit us at Podiatry HQ. Our friendly staff are waiting to take your call on 8645 9888 or alternatively you can make a booking online here.