Are you going on an overseas trip to escape the cold Melbourne winter? If you answered yes, we have some tips and tricks to get you ready for your trip.
- Get your feet and shoes checked before going on your trip – as most likely you will be doing a lot of walking and don’t want your feet to get sore and stop you from enjoying your trip.
- Make sure you take a first aid kit with you in case you get some nasty blisters.
- Wear thongs around public pools and in public showers.
- Take good cushiony comfortable shoes with you, try to avoid wearing thongs for long periods of time.
- Make sure your footwear is a good fit and have been worn before.
- Check your feet daily.
- Continue to apply an emollient to your feet before going to bed, to stop cracks in your heels from forming while you are away.
- Don’t walk around barefoot.
- Wash your feet daily.
- Make sure you are well hydrated while traveling.
- Move around the plane on long flights and exercise your legs during the flight.
- Buy flight compression stockings to prevent swelling and DVTs.
- If you have any health issues, check with your GP before traveling.
- Don’t forget to apply sunscreen to your feet.
- Rest your feet.
If you are wishing to get some advice on your feet and footwear before traveling, or want to get your feet ready for holidays with a medical pedicure, don’t hesitate to book in an appointment at either Podiatry HQ or Medical Pedicure.